I recently learned the idea of ‘Wintering’. My mind and body are not ready to awaken, a little sluggish. It feels right. How about you?
What Is Wintering?
- The act of staying at a place throughout the winter.
Winter is a time of retreat and hibernation in the natural world. Our bodies and souls seek rest and recuperation.
“Wintering is a time of withdrawing from the world, maximising scant resources, carrying out acts of brutal efficiency and vanishing from sight; but that’s where the transformation occurs. Winter is not the death of the life cycle, but its crucible.
It’s a time for reflection and recuperation, for slow replenishment, for putting your house in order. Doing these deeply unfashionable things – slowing down, letting your spare time expand, getting enough sleep, resting – is a radical act now, but it’s essential.”
Manifesto for an Enchanted Life
- Everything around you is alive; believe it. Tell stories to stones, sing to trees, start conversations with birds. Build relationships. You’ll never feel lonely again.
- To be fully in your body is to be fully alive. Get out of your head and into the world.
- Look for wonder wherever you go.
- Embrace mystery, don’t be afraid of what you don’t know.
- Cultivate your mythic imagination, the inner and outer landscape of myth.
- Know your place. Learn to belong, because wherever you go, there you are. There’s nowhere else real to be.
- Cleave to the local and ethical. Cultivate community spirit, and autonomy.
- Slow down.
- Buy handmade. Live folklorically.
- Don’t have a career; have a life. Find your calling, but above all find your meaning in the community of the world.
- Foster meaningful ritual. Make each day a ceremony or make a ceremony in each day.
- Cherish otherness, in all its forms, confront in yourself, and explore the forms of otherness that make you uncomfortable or afraid.
- Treasure change: its stuff from which lives are forged. Stop looking for the eternal and immutable and enter the daily dance with the transitory.
In truth, I think we all struggle from time to time. Some of us more than others, we all need to build our resilience.
Resilience is key to survive in an ever changing fast-paced world.
Why is Photography Important?
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.
You see stories, memories and keepsakes are important. Life is short. Our humanity is what makes us beautiful. The light will never look or be seen the same again and neither will we. We will never have this moment again.
So, let’s capture it!
If you would like to chat about anything we do please get in touch using the messenger pop up on this website, I love to connect with new people and hear your story!
I’m Lesley-Anne, also known as LAL.
Our humanity is what makes us beautiful.
The light will never look the same or be seen the same again and neither will we.
We will never have this moment again.
So, let’s capture it!
Why Choose Me, as your Family Photographer
It’s your story and your legacy. It’s how I see your story through my lens.
I am one of a handful of photographers in my area and in the UK that showcase honest, authentic, everyday moments. This is my speciality!
I am noticing delicate, awe-inspiring moments and connection. I am seeing these with every family I am lucky enough to spend time with.
I want to share what I see with you.
I want you to fall in love with your family time and time again!