Are you ready for the kids to go back to school? I’m not haha!
Back to school can be both exciting and overwhelming.
Each year the school work gets harder and there are bigger responsibilities for your kids. You also have to figure out a new schedule and settle into a new routine.
So, in case you’re like me, here are some time saving and life smoothing hacks to help.
Back to School Hacks to Make Life Easier
- Menu plan lunches
- Dedicate space in your fridge for lunch box food
- Add a lunch box note
- Slice an apple, put it back together and hold with a rubber band, no brown!
- Freeze drinks they double as an ice pack
- Pack a lunch box for yourself when you pack the kids
- Write the morning routine down
- Kids are great at following instructions
- Use a timer
- Sort the calendar
- Colour coordinate for each family member
- Allocate a cupboard or drawer just for uniforms
- Have the kids read to you as you put on your make-up
- Give up on ironing
- The uniforms are generally creased to oblivion before the kids leave the house anyway.
- Wipe a banana peel across shoes to give them a shine.
I hope it all goes well for everyone and most importantly the children are happy. Keep a lookout for this year’s back to school photos.
Why Photography is Important
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.