Do you see the world with a storytelling lens? Have you ever wondered how creatives change the ordinary into art? Enchanted living is a way of life, and you can live it too!
Enchanted living is the inspiration behind my photography, art, creativity and so much more.
- What is Enchanted Living?
- Manifesto’s for living an enchanted life and how you can put it into practice.
- And other creative benefits.
What is Enchanted Living?
For me, enchanted living is a path to contentment. It is a way of quieting the noise. It is the ultimate grounding force and a beautiful way to connect with my children.
- A sense of fully participating in a living world, a feeling of belonging rather than separation.
- A feeling of wonder and curiosity. Being comfortable with the fact not everything can be explained. To tolerate, even welcome, the presence of mystery.
- A lived, embodied experience in the world.
- A mythic imagination. The acknowledgement of myth and story as living principles in the world.
“Man feels himself isolated in the cosmos. He is no longer involved in nature and has lost his emotional participation in natural events, which hitherto had a symbolic meaning for him. Thunder is no longer the voice of a god, nor is lightning his avenging missile. No river contains a spirit, no tree means a man’s life, no snake is the embodiment of wisdom, and no mountain still harbours a great demon. Neither do things speak to him, nor can he speak to things, like stones, springs, plants and animals.”
J. G. Jung
Manifesto for an enchanted life – Sharon Blackie
Many books have been inspiration for me in life, but Sharon Blackie is an author who truly speaks to me. If you are liking these ideas I would encourage you give her a google search. If you would like to learn more on this subject I strongly recommend reading “The Enchanted Life” by Sharon Blackie. The following is her manifesto:
- Everything around you is alive; believe it. Tell stories to stones, sing to trees, start conversations with birds. Build relationships. You’ll never feel lonely again.
- To be fully in your body is to be fully alive. Get out of your head and into the world.
- Look for wonder wherever you go.
- Embrace mystery, don’t be afraid of what you don’t know.
- Cultivate your mythic imagination, the inner and outer landscape of myth.
- Know your place. Learn to belong, because wherever you go, there you are. There’s nowhere else real to be.
- Cleave to the local and ethical. Cultivate community spirit, and autonomy.
- Slow down.
- Buy handmade. Live folklorically.
- Don’t have a career; have a life. Find your calling, but above all find your meaning in the community of the world.
- Foster meaningful ritual. Make each day a ceremony or make a ceremony in each day.
- Cherish otherness, in all its forms, confront in yourself, and explore the forms of otherness that make you uncomfortable or afraid.
- Treasure change: its stuff from which lives are forged. Stop looking for the eternal and immutable and enter the daily dance with the transitory.
Wild Mother manifesto – Morgan Nichols
Morgan Nichols is another inspirational leader for many women. I fully lean into the wild mother ideal.
- Make space for our playful, creative impulses.
- Create environments where we can thrive.
- We are not meant to mother alone. Forge connections and community. Ask for support and be able to receive it.
- We are real, messy and gloriously imperfect.
- Give ourselves permission to experience and explore all our emotions.
- Go on voyages of discovery with our inner creator, spiritual seeker and playful child.
- Share our wild creativity and deep soulfulness with our children.
“Here’s to the crazy ones,
The round pegs in the square holes,
The ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Enchantment isn’t about magical thinking; it is about being fully present in the world.
Change is possible, and change is life!
Enchanted Living at LAL Photography
These techniques I share as part of the ‘Enchanted Living’ series work great combined with techniques I share in :
I am standing amid an aliveness, and that aliveness deserves my attention, my respect, my care …
The insects and birds and animals are singing themselves into being; this autumn land is dreaming and I am part of that dreaming.
Location of the Month
Each month we’ll highlight a local location we love to shoot.
With exclusive offers, only available to our mailing list subscribers.
Would you like an affirmation print or piece of enchanted art?
Enchanted Art - To Buy
Why Photography is Important
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.
You see stories, memories and keepsakes are important. Life is short. Our humanity is what makes us beautiful. The light will never look or be seen the same again and neither will we. We will never have this moment again. So, let’s capture it!
Natural Family Photography
If you would like to chat about anything we do please get in touch using the messenger pop up on this website, I love to connect with new people and hear your story!
I’m Lesley-Anne, also known as LAL.
Our humanity is what makes us beautiful.
The light will never look the same or be seen the same again and neither will we.
We will never have this moment again.
So, let’s capture it!
Why Choose Me, as your Family Photographer
t’s your story and your legacy. It’s how I see your story through my lens.
I am one of a handful of photographers in my area and in the UK that showcase honest, authentic, everyday moments. This is my speciality!
I am noticing delicate, awe-inspiring moments and connection. I am seeing these with every family I am lucky enough to spend time with.
I want to share what I see with you.
I want you to fall in love with your family time and time again!