Enchantment isn’t about Magical thinking; it is about being fully present in the world.
There is an abundance of magic and enchantment at this time of year. What better time to put it into practice?
Manifesto for an enchanted life – Sharon Blackie
- Everything around you is alive; believe it. Tell stories to stones, sing to trees, start conversations with birds. Build relationships. You’ll never feel lonely again.
- To be fully in your body is to be fully alive. Get out of your head and into the world.
- Look for wonder wherever you go.
- Embrace mystery, don’t be afraid of what you don’t know.
- Cultivate your mythic imagination, the inner and outer landscape of myth.
- Know your place. Learn to belong, because wherever you go, there you are. There’s nowhere else real to be.
- Cleave to the local and ethical. Cultivate community spirit, and autonomy.
- Slow down.
- Buy handmade. Live folklorically.
- Don’t have a career; have a life. Find your calling, but above all find your meaning in the community of the world.
- Foster meaningful ritual. Make each day a ceremony or make a ceremony in each day.
- Cherish otherness, in all its forms, confront in yourself, and explore the forms of otherness that make you uncomfortable or afraid.
- Treasure change: its stuff from which lives are forged. Stop looking for the eternal and immutable and enter the daily dance with the transitory.
Wild Mother manifesto – Morgan Nichols
- Make space for our playful, creative impulses.
- Create environments where we can thrive.
- We are not meant to mother alone. Forge connections and community. Ask for support and be able to receive it.
- We are real, messy and gloriously imperfect.
- Give ourselves permission to experience and explore all our emotions.
- Go on voyages of discovery with our inner creator, spiritual seeker and playful child.
- Share our wild creativity and deep soulfulness with our children.
Enchanted Living at LAL Photography
I am introducing a new Enchanted Living blog series. My journey through this magical world we are part of, and the inspiration behind my photography, art and creativity.
These techniques I share as part of the ‘Enchanted Living’ series work great combined with techniques I share in :
I am standing amid an aliveness, and that aliveness deserves my attention, my respect, my care …
The insects and birds and animals are singing themselves into being; this autumn land is dreaming and I am part of that dreaming.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive our Family Portraits Brochure and Full Product Price List. Plus find out about secret, discounted locations and other exclusive offers.
Why Photography is Important
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.