Parent guilt! It’s the worst at half term. I have learned over the years, my boys love the variety the holidays can provide. And sometimes you just got to accept a pj day. Half term is also the time for the kids to rest and relax.
Half Term Help
If you’re a working parent it can be difficult, so I’ve put together some simple tips that have helped us along the years.
- Start early
- Schools publish their calendars well in advance so you can plan. If you’re a couple that both works, take an equal share of time off for childcare so nobody gets resentful.
- Ask for help
- They say it takes a village to raise a child, and they aren’t wrong (whoever “they” are). Friends and family could pitch in.
- Holiday clubs
- Check local schools, council or google for what’s on in your area.
- Work from home
- A great way to prevent childcare issues if your children are old enough to be self sufficient for a few hours and your employer allows this flexibility.
- Take a day or two off
- Use your annual leave to enjoy time with your family.
- Arrange a play date
- You could team up with a friend and take a day each.
Whatever you choose to resolve your holiday childcare worries, be kind to yourself. Parenting is tough!
Half Term Special Offer!
Book your Deluxe Family Package for just:
Available on all sessions booked before:
31st October 2021
Timeless Gift Package
- 20 minute documentary session
- Post production and editing in our unique style
- Access to your own 10 image gallery to choose your images
- 1 Digital Image
- Option to purchase additional prints, products or digital images
The perfect gift!
Sign up to our mailing list and find out about secret, discounted locations and other exclusive offers.
Why Photography is Important
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.