Do you sometimes find yourself struggling to stay positive? Wondering how to do it?
What is an Affirmation?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you overcome negativity and self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours. An affirmation is essentially a nudge of positivity.
Speaking, writing or thinking can challenge negative thoughts and improve your mindset. It can also motivate you and boost self-esteem.
Practising affirmations activates the reward centres in your brain. It can even dampen pain and help maintain balance in the face of threats.
You can use affirmations in any situation where you’d like to see a positive change take place in your life. These might include times when you want to:
- Raise your confidence before presentations or important meetings.
- Control negative feelings such as frustration, anger, or impatience.
- Improve your self-esteem.
- Finish projects you’ve started.
- Improve your productivity.
- Overcome a bad habit.
Affirmations may be more effective when you pair them with other positive thinking and goal-setting techniques.
What Else Can Help?
Practising gratitude can also help. At the end of each day speak, write or think of three things you’re grateful for.
- I’m good enough and I choose to be happy
- I believe in myself
- Everything is going to work out
- I love and accept myself just the way I am
- I’m excited and optimistic about today
- I have the courage to say “no”
- I’m proud of myself and appreciate everything that I have
- I’m thankful for this beautiful life
- I’m worthy of my success
- I feel strong and powerful everyday
Practice these everyday and see the positivity around you.
Get in touch if you would like a personalised affirmation print
Why Photography is Important
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.