It’s too easy to understand why we all feel so overwhelmed, especially recently. Increasing workloads, personal and family needs, global issues.
Modern life is complex.
So, I’ve put together some tips I have found useful.
Stop and breathe
- Pausing can help gain clarity and prevent you being swept up by your emotions or in the moment.
Circle of control
- Its great to show empathy and want to fix things, but its important to remember you can only control what you can control. If it rains on your wedding, you can’t control the weather, but you can control if you allow it to dampen your spirits.
Acknowledge the feeling
- Accept it, its natural. It is your body’s way of letting you know your limits.
Pinpoint the primary source
- If you know the main cause you can take action. A project almost finished, push to the end. A big issue, break it down into manageable pieces.
Set boundaries on your time and workload
- We all need a break sometimes. Learn to say no.
Challenge your perfectionism
- Are you expecting too much of yourself? Are you looking at everything at once, break things down.
Outsource or delegate
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Challenge your assumptions
- Maybe its not as bad as you think. Even if it is, this feeling will pass. You are stronger than you believe.
Why Photography is Important
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.