Energy hygiene is an important but often forgotten part of self-care.
Most of us have been taught the importance of personal hygiene, but its equally important to develop good energy hygiene rituals.
I’ve put together some top tips for cleansing your energy.
Claim alone time everyday
Salt baths and scrubs
Salt = absorbs negative energy
- Bath – Pour Epsom salts or sea salts into a bath, you could even combine with essential oils of your choice.
- Shower – Combine sea salt and olive oil or coconut oil, plus an essential oil of your choice
- Sea – Swim in the Ocean
Water = cleansing
- Visualise water washing away the energy of others and that which you no longer wish to hold on to.
Spend time in nature
- Nature walks
- Visualise a shield around you
- Affirmations – “I am safe and protected”
- Burn incense sticks
- Using the same motion as sweeping dust off your coat, sweep negative energy off you.
- Wash your hands with cold water
- Turn off your phone and other digital devices
- Read a book or just relax
- Utilise airplane mode
- Bhastrika, pranayama, kapalabhati
Why Photography is Important
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.