I started this series just over a year ago. Thank you if you’ve been reading since then. As the nights draw in and we hunker down for Winter, it would be a good time to do a roundup of Quieting the Noise so far.
Learning from Experience
I have been on a journey, healing past traumas and finding ways to battle the difficulties of mental health. I just like to share what I’m learning with you, hoping it may help you or your loved ones.
- Resilience helps us to protect ourselves against overwhelming experiences. This can also protect us from mental health difficulties and maintain balance during stressful periods. The world today is stressful. I am still learning and resilience building daily. But some of these ideas may help you too. Read More >>>
- Meditation is a simple and effective way for you to display genuine positivity and will help your natural qualities shine through. It can also help you maintain decorum in difficult situations. I realise 10 minutes or more is difficult for a lot of us. I will be sharing more of those in time. But let’s start small. Read More >>>
- Louis, my eldest son is nine. In the blink of an eye, he is a pre-teen. Holding his hand and public displays of affection are a no-go. But this also means image, looks and self-esteem have become our parenting battles. Of course, I did some googling. So, in case you need some tips, our good old NHS advises … Read More >>>
- I was doing some very interesting reading recently, into the science of the effects on dopamine and oxytocin. And the importance of bonding with our children. People forget most of their childhood and are reminded by photos and videos. Read More >>>
- It’s too easy to understand why we all feel so overwhelmed, especially recently. Increasing workloads, personal and family needs, global issues. Modern life is complex. So, I’ve put together some tips I have found useful. Read More >>>
- Affirmations are positive statements that can help you overcome negativity and self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours. An affirmation is essentially a nudge of positivity. Read More >>>
- Energy hygiene is an important but often forgotten part of self-care. Most of us have been taught the importance of personal hygiene, but it’s equally important to develop good energy hygiene rituals. I’ve put together some top tips for cleansing your energy. Read More >>>
Why Photography is Important
I’ve read that children feel safe, welcome, seen and loved if there are images of themselves in the family home. I love this idea and think this is something every family needs to know.